My mom is the kind of lady who:
– you can call at 7:00 in the morning when you’re having a panic attack about your new duplex’s air conditioning and she knows how to calm you down
– Has so much patience that she can withstand the force of junior high Leah working on math homework (it was like a battle EVERY NIGHT) and/or birth control Beth
– is the level headed and calming force in our family
– like James Bond, will purposefully topple her bike so that she can slide on a bicycle under a closing garage door…only narrowly avoiding death. What an action packed vacation that was.
– taught me how to listen
– gives and gives and sometimes has a hard time taking because she’s so humble.
– suprprises you when you least expect it- like making an eel face at the dinner table or arm dancing in the car.
I seriously have the best mom ever. Don’t worry, I’ll share her.
Here’s to you, mamacita.