I wanted to have a place to put all of the information coming out about the mass evictions that are eminent in West Dallas. I will update this blog as more articles and information come out. You can also facebook follow the two organizations at the bottom of this blog to stay in the loop yourself.
The intent behind this is for you to get educated and come to your own conclusions about the motivations of the various players.
Get caught up:
(Unfortunately, Dallas Morning News has put up a paywall that limits the amount of articles you can read, so I don’t have access to their articles anymore (although I was disappointed with their coverage of this issue anyway))
- Watch this video of Josh Kumler’s Bar Politics
- The first Dallas Morning News article that accused HMK of being slumlords
- A commentary from the executive director at Texas Tenant Union
- Rolling Over the Bodies of the Poor in a Fight for Land in West Dallas by Jim Schutze
- Jim Schutze publishes an audio recording HMK took in a meeting with Mike Rawlings
- Jim Schutze reports on how Mike Rawlngs dismissed an offer to give disputed houses to Habitat for Humanity
- Neither Destiny Nor “The Market” Can Be Blamed for West Dallas Displacement
- (DMN) Dallas council rejects efforts to require landlords to accept housing vouchers at the meeting on 10/26
- D Magazine Who is to Blame for the West Dallas Humanitarian Crisis?
- ***Reached an agreement at least until June 2017
Stay Caught Up: