Things that I’ve learned over my Spring Break:
1. Del Rio is only four hours away from Abilene.
2. Anyone can skin a rattlesnake, all you need is a white jacket and an iron stomach (we went to the Rattlesnake Roundup in Sweetwater. Don’t worry. I didn’t skin it.)
3. I look like a freshman in highschool (lesson proudly brought to you by Justin, the Eula high school freshman who asked me to dance at Oplin).
4. My dearest friend Carly got the youth director job (i’m gonna give that a big WHOOP just for kicks) at my grandfather’s church. I think I’m going to go into the job hunting business.
5. Lemon juice doesn’t give your dog’s hair highlights.
6. My dad now tries to make my sister laugh by placing a laundry basket over his head and about his shoulders and walking really slowly.
7. Life goes by faster with funny walks.
8. My dad can beat me at running (I don’t like the way running makes you feel- that is, like you’re gonna DIE.)
9. I really like Drive by paint-by-numbering sick people.
10. In Revelations 6, when it talks about the souls of the martyrs being under the altar, they’re there because in the Old Testament, sacrificial blood was poured at the base of the altar.
11. I have the best hairdresser in the world.
12. You too can make cheap hairbands with ribbon.